To coincide with World Mental Health Day on 10th October, Hull and East Yorkshire Mind is challenging people in our area to look after their mental health this October.
The Five Ways to Wellbeing Challenge is simple: complete something from each of the 5 Ways to Wellbeing during the month of October. The five ways to wellbeing are:
- Connect – Connect with people around you, workmates, friends, neighbours and family.
- Be Active – Try a walk or a run. Swimming, gardening – anything you enjoy!
- Take Notice – Be curious and notice the world around you; savour the moment.
- Keep Learning – Try something new. Set yourself a challenge.
- Give – Do something nice for a friend or stranger. Smile. Say thank you. Look out as well as in.
David Smith, Chief Executive at Hull and East Yorkshire Mind, said “Poor mental health is something that can affect any of us at any time. But there are things we can all do to look after ourselves. By adding the five ways to wellbeing into our daily lives, we can all improve our mental wellbeing.”
Sign up here