We provide support, guidance, and hope to individuals and families experiencing poor mental health across Hull, East Yorkshire and North East Lincolnshire.
We’re Hull and East Yorkshire Mind, your local mental health charity.
Since our formation in 1976, we have embarked on a journey of growth and transformation. Over the years, we have evolved into a leading force in mental health care, continuously adapting to meet the changing needs of our communities. Drawing on our history and experience, we have developed into a trusted and reliable source of support for people across Hull and East Yorkshire Mind.
Your Local Mental Health Charity:
We understand the importance of having a local presence. We are attuned to the needs of the communities we serve, making us uniquely positioned to understand the specific challenges and needs faced by individuals across Hull, East Yorkshire and North East Lincolnshire. Our dedicated team of professionals, volunteers, and supporters work tirelessly to create a nurturing environment where everyone feels safe, heard, and supported.
A Member of the Mind Federation:
Whilst we operate as an independent charity and housing association, we are proud to be part of the larger Mind federation. This brings together over 100 local Mind associations across England and Wales, allowing us to draw on a vast network of expertise and resources. Our affiliation strengthens our ability to advocate for improved mental health care, influence policy changes, and collaborate with like-minded organisations to create a positive impact.
Mental health and wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do for all the communities we serve. We are committed to providing high quality, accessible, and person-centred support. Our services designed to be inclusive, non-judgmental, and confidential, ensuring that people feel safe and supported throughout their mental health journey.
We Change Minds
Alongside supporting people with their mental health, we also work with our wider community and partners to change the way people think and act about mental health, to reduce the sigma and discrimination that so many of us still face. Through our campaigns and events, we aim to educate people about mental health, inform them about our support and empower those of us who are struggling to reach out and get the help they need and deserve.
- Being Human – connecting meaningfully with one another creating relationships which help people to flourish.
- Mind & Heart – using our intelligence, stories, skills and life experience to show that we care and to make a difference.
- Being Brave – even in the face of uncertainty staying positive and boldly developing new things.
- Travelling Together – side by side with others being kind and through empathy nurturing belonging.
- Strong Foundations – drawing on our history and learning to build reliable systems that work well without being over engineered.
- Everyone has mental health: there is no place for stigma.
- Everyone deserves the chance of a fulfilling life.
- Lived experience is powerful and can generate hope.
- Spaces where everyone can feel supported and safe, not judged but respected, are vital.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the work.
- We can effect change and will do everything in our power to improve lives.