Founded in 1976, Hull and East Yorkshire Mind has been supporting people with mental health problems across Hull and East Yorkshire for over four decades.
An independent charity governed by a group of local trustees, Hull and East Yorkshire Mind is affiliated to the Mind network made up of over 130 organisations across England and Wales delivering services, campaigning and giving a voice to people with mental health problems, their families, carers and community.
As a charity and a housing association Hull and East Yorkshire Mind has an ambitious vision for the future in which we will not give up until everybody experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect.
Our VISION is that we won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect.
Our MISSION is to work with partners to intervene as early as possible, providing advice and support to empower and give hope to anyone experiencing a mental health problem. We campaign locally to improve services and reduce stigma and discrimination.
As an organisation, we pride ourselves on our values and beliefs:
- Everyone has mental health: there is no place for stigma.
- Everyone deserves the chance of a fulfilling life.
- Lived experience is powerful and can generate hope.
- Spaces where everyone can feel supported and safe, not judged but respected, are vital.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the work.
- We can effect change and will do everything in our power to improve lives.
- Being Human – connecting meaningfully with one another creating relationships which help people to flourish.
- Mind & Heart – using our intelligence, stories, skills and life experience to show that we care and to make a difference.
- Being Brave – even in the face of uncertainty staying positive and boldly developing new things.
- Travelling Together – side by side with others being kind and through empathy nurturing belonging.
- Strong Foundations – drawing on our history and learning to build reliable systems that work well without being over engineered.