If you have experienced bereavement within the last year and are struggling to manage or come to terms with the loss, then our specialist wellbeing workers can help you by providing a listening ear and one to one emotional support.
We can provide you with support in your own home or somewhere that is convenient for you*. Typically, our support for bereavement lasts for six months, but we will also help you to access other support if you need more help.
Our specialist mental health support is designed around what you need. Support may include:
- Emotional support and reassurance using theories and models of bereavement
- Practical support – signposting, help with arrangements, accompanying to appointments
- Creative emotional support, for example memory boxes and craft ideas
- Therapeutic support – resources and advice around stress control and anxiety management, either individually or in a group setting.
*This specific support is currently only available to people living in the East Riding, however if you have been recently bereaved you may still find support within one of our other services.
Bereaved by suicide?
At this difficult time, we want you to know that Hull and East Yorkshire and North East Lincolnshire Mind are here for you. We’re available today, tomorrow, and in the future.
We will be in touch, with your consent – whether you need some emotional or practical support, or just need someone to listen.
Support can include:
- talking with an experienced bereavement worker
- support creating memory boxes
- funeral planning
- attending inquests
- help with financial matters
You are not alone, and there are people available to help.
If you would like more information, please call us on local number 01482 240133 or email [email protected]. You can also text us on 07520633447.
Please remember that you are not alone.
AtaLoss is a national charity providing a comprehensive hub of information and bereavement support. Wherever you live, whatever your age, whatever the circumstances of your loss you can easily search and find appropriate support from over 1200 services listed across the UK, up to date information, helplines and a FREE live-chat counselling service. We’re here for bereaved people and for anyone supporting a bereaved adult or child.