We are happy to be working alongside East Riding of Yorkshire Council to provide up to 200 FREE places on a series of Mental Health Awareness Workshops.
The training will enable individuals to become local Mental Health Champions, and raise awareness of mental health in the local area. The workshop will also enable individuals to be better equipped to spot the signs of poor mental health, how to support someone if they was struggling with poor mental health, and be able to signpost them to the most appropriate services.
This free workshop raises awareness of mental health. It covers:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health problems
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing poor mental health
This is a half-day workshop delivered face-to-face at various locations across the East Riding. All workshops are FREE to East Riding of Yorkshire residents. Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities and we limit numbers to 20 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course will get:
- A certificate of attendance to say that you are now a Mental Health Champion with Hull and East Yorkshire Mind
- A FREE mental health champion badge
To find out more or to book your FREE place, please complete the registration form here.