This year’s Time to Talk Day is all about bringing together the right ingredients, to have a conversation about mental health. Whether that’s tea, biscuits and close friends or a room full of people challenging mental health stigma, we want you to get talking.
There are lots of different ways to have a conversation about mental health. And you don’t have to be an expert to talk. Here are our top tips for initiating a conversation about mental health:
- Pick the right time and environment to have the discussion
- Be empathetic to the situation the person is experiencing
- Be patient, calm and non-judgmental
- Use open questions to encourage the person to explain what they are going through
- Offer support and encouragement to seek help
If you or someone you know needs some help, let us know – we are here for you. Get in touch on 01482 240200 or email [email protected]