Hull and East Yorkshire Mind is happy to be working alongside East Riding of Yorkshire Council to provide up to 200 FREE places on a series of Mental Health Awareness Workshops.
The training will enable individuals to become local Mental Health Champions, and raise awareness of mental health in the local area. The workshop will also better equip individuals to spot the signs of poor mental health, to support someone who is struggling with their mental health, and to signpost them to the most appropriate service.
This free workshop raises awareness of mental health. It covers:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health problems
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing poor mental health
This is a half-day workshop delivered face-to-face at various locations across the East Riding. All workshops are FREE to East Riding of Yorkshire residents Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities and we limit numbers to 20 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course will get:
- A certificate of attendance to say that you are now a Mental Health Champion with Hull and East Yorkshire Mind
- A FREE mental health champion badge
We currently have the following dates and locations available. To book your FREE place, please complete the registration form below and a member of our team will be in touch.
- FULLY BOOKED – Monday 11th April – 9:30am to 12.30pm (10am start) at The Wellbeing Hub, Hessle, HU13 0HB
- FULLY BOOKED – Thursday 28th April – 1pm to 4.30pm at The Old Parcels Office, Station Approach, Bridlington YO15 3EP
- FULLY BOOKED – Tuesday 17th May – 1pm to 4.30pm at Beverley Rugby Club, Beaver Park, Beverley HU17 9HT
- FULLY BOOKED – Thursday 26th May – 1pm to 4.30pm at Bridlington Central Library, 14 King St, Bridlington, YO15 2DF
- FULLY BOOKED – Wednesday 15th June – 9.30am to 1.00pm (10am start) at Beverley Library, Champney Rd, Beverley HU17 8HE
- FULLY BOOKED – Tuesday 28th June – 1pm to 4.30pm at Love Driffield Foodbank, The Rear of 52/53 Market Place, Driffield, YO25 6AW
- FULLY BOOKED – Friday 15th July – 9.30am to 12pm (10am start) at North Bridlington Library, Marton Gate, Bridlington, YO16 6YD
- Wednesday 7th September – 1pm to 4.30pm at East Riding Leisure, Hornsea Hub, HU18 1PZ
- Thursday 8th September – 1pm to 4.30pm at Beverley Rugby Club, Beaver Park Norwood, Beverley HU17 9HT
- Monday 12th September – 10am to 1.30pm at Withernsea Community Centre, Queen St, Withernsea, HU19 2HH
- Thursday 14th September – 9am to 12.30pm at East Riding Leisure, Goole, DN14 5QX
- Wednesday 28th September – 10am to 1.30pm at The Old Parcels Office, Station Approach, Bridlington YO15 3EP