Safetalk suicide alertness- Our three and a half hour course will prepare ayone over the age of 15 to identify a persons with thoughts of suicide and connect them to suicide first aid resources. You will learn how to:
- Move beyond common tendencies to miss, dismiss or avoid suicide
- identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- Apply the TALK steps (Tell, Ask, Listen and Keep Safe) to connect a person with suicide thoughts to suicide first aid, intervention categories.
ASIST – We can also offer Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training. This is a two day course featuring powerful audiovisuals , discussions and simulations. It will teach you how to:
- Recognise signs
- Provide a skilled intervention
- Develop a safety plan to keep someone alive
Self-Harm Awareness- This half day workshop can be delivered online or in a classroom environment for a maximum of 20 people. Its aim is to raise awareness about the subject of self-harm and address some of the misunderstandings which are unhelpful for those living with this.
Self-harm Support and Resource- This half day workshop follows on from the awareness session and can be delivered in the same ways. Its aim is to provide confidence to have a conversation and support someone living with self-harm and also to provide resources that may aid recovery.
For more information or if you would like a quote, please email [email protected] or call 01482 240134