North East Lincolnshire Mind – We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem in Grimsby and Cleethorpes has somewhere to turn for advice and support.
North East Lincolnshire Mind is located at Kent Street in Grimsby. Read on for more information about how we can help you, or if you would like to support our work. Or call us on 01472 349991 to find out more.
As well as helping people to enhance their quality of life, we also support them to engage in meaningful activities within a community setting with social and emotional support. We help each person we work with to increase their independence and achieve the goals they set for themselves.
North East Lincolnshire Mind are happy to be working alongside NAVIGO on a new joint initiative to support people in Grimsby who may be finding things hard.
The Safe Space offers instant, emotional and practical support for vulnerable people.
Safe Space facilities:
- toilet/shower/laundry/refreshment facilities
- practical mental health assistance (face-to-face/telephone/Skype as appropriate)
- Confidential/quiet area
- Self-help materials/internet access
- Safety in warm/welcoming environment
- Accessible/rapid signposting
The Safe Space is open Wed/Thurs/Fri 6:30pm-1:30am and is based at NAViGO House, 3-7 Brighowgate, Grimsby, DN32 0QE
Peer support group
This support group is for adults who are lonely and isolated, or who need some mental health support. It runs each week on a Thursday, 10am to 3pm, and costs £7.50 per day. We use games and activities to help improve confidence and social interaction and everyone is very friendly and welcoming. To attend the welcome arms group, please call 01472 349991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
North East Lincolnshire Mind have workshops available to support you to improve your mental health and wellbeing. Our workshops last 12 weeks and are designed to improve your mental health and wellbeing, and provide you with the tools you need to help keep you well. You will create your own action plan and identify your own personal goals using an evidence based system. We will help you to keep track of the positive changes you make. Each session includes time to discuss interesting topics and also time to make friends over a cuppa and a biscuit. To attend our wellbeing workshops, please call 01472 349991 or email email@example.com
If you need support in your own home to help you to manage your mental health and wellbeing we can help. We can meet with you flexibly at times that suit you. We will provide a happy and empowering environment in which to encourage recovery and wellbeing. Our experienced team will provide the support you need. You will get to know the people who are working with you, and they will help motivate you and keep track of your goals to make sure you achieve them. You might qualify for financial help towards this from your local council. For more information, please call 01472 349991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the Blue Light Programme, we are providing free mental health support for emergency services staff and volunteers from ambulance, fire, police and search and rescue services in North East Lincolnshire. Access our training, information and mental health support by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01482 240200.
For any mental health enquiry, large or small, we provide information and signposting to mental health services for people living in North East Lincolnshire.
We are here for anyone experiencing or worried about their mental health as well as families, carers, friends and professionals. We can’t give medical advice or make a diagnosis, but are able to point you in the direction of someone who can.
Our information line is open Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5.00pm (closed bank holidays).
Write to North East Lincolnshire Mind, Information Service, Wellington House, 108 Beverley Road, Hull, HU3 1YA
*If the line is busy during the opening hours, please leave a voice mail and we will aim to call back on the same working day.
For crisis numbers – click here
We rely on local people to support us to raise money to carry out our work. We’re really grateful for all the support we receive from the local community. Your support will mean we can help more people in North East Lincolnshire.
If you want to get involved there are lots of ways you can help:
- Sponsored events: There are lots of opportunities to get involved with a running, cycling, or other event and get sponsored to raise money for North East Lincolnshire Mind. Or maybe you’re interested in something more adventurous like a tough mudder event, or getting your head shaved?
- We can support you whatever you choose to do. Just let us know what your ideas are, and we’ll get in touch!
- Organise an event to raise money for North East Lincolnshire Mind: Are you a budding comedian, singer, or baker? Could you run a coffee morning, dress down at work day, or a quiz night? If you think you could organise an event to help us raise money- big or small- let us know!
- We also organise regular activities and events. If you’re interested in volunteering at one of our events to raise awareness about mental health, or to raise money for the work North East Lincolnshire Mind does, or just finding out about what’s going on so you can attend, please get in touch.
We rely on volunteers so we can help and support as many people as possible. We know that people join us for a number of reasons; so whether you want to develop your workplace skills, have a personal interest, or want to give back to your community, as long as you are passionate about mental health, we’d love to hear from you.
From supporting at our groups to raising awareness of what we do in the local area, we have volunteer opportunities to suit everyone. We ask for a 6 month minimum commitment and as a valued part of our team you’ll have access to full induction training and on-going support. We want you to get the most out of your volunteering so you will also have the opportunity to move in to different roles according to the skills and experience you wish to gain.
If you feel inspired to get involved, contact our Volunteer Coordinator for more information about how to become a volunteer today:
The building is open during evenings and weekends and community groups and other charities are encouraged to utilise the space offered.
Contact Kent Street on 01472 349991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You can find us Kent Street, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN32 7DH
MindWorks provide specialist training in a wide variety of areas affected by mental health.
For more information or if you would like a quote, please email email@example.com or call 01482 240134
We can deliver the following courses:
- Line Managers Resource: Managing Stress and Mental Health in Your Staff
- Mental Health First Aid
- Mental Health and Employment
- Mental Health First Aid Lite
- Understanding Self Harm
- Stress Management in the Workplace
- Anxiety Management
- Assertiveness and Confidence in the Workplace
- SafeTALK Suicide Awareness for Everyone
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Equality and Diversity
- Depression in Later Life