Its week 2 of our #5W2WChallenge.
This week’s theme is Be Active. Regular physical activity is often linked with lower rates of depression and anxiety across all age groups. Exercise is really good for positive well-being. But it doesn’t need to be particularly intense for you to feel good – slower-paced activities, such as walking, can have the benefit of encouraging social interactions as well providing some level of exercise.
This week, why not try some physical activity? Here are a few ideas:
- Take the stairs not the lift
- Go for a walk at lunchtime
- Walk into work or wherever you are going – perhaps with a colleague – so you can ‘connect’ as well
- Get off the bus one stop earlier than usual and walk the final part of your journey
- Do some gardening or go dancing
- Walk to someone’s desk instead of calling or emailing.
Do keep us updated on social media by sharing your snaps and hashtagging #5W2WChallenge
Hull and East Yorkshire Mind