Hull and East Yorkshire Mind is happy to be working alongside The Alcohol and Drug Service to offer up to 180 FREE places on a tailored Substance Misuse and Suicide Prevention Training course.
There is strong evidence that shows that substance misuse and poor mental health can lead to an increased risk of suicide, yet our research has shown that there is no training available for professionals working in this field that helps to raise awareness of this.
Our FREE training session will help to upskill professionals to have the skills and knowledge to identify thoughts of suicide at the earliest opportunity, how to have a conversation about it and know how to support someone in distress. It will also support professionals to discuss drug and alcohol use amongst those who they support to ensure these risk factors are further supported. Our bespoke training will also explore the relationship between substance misuse and suicide, raising awareness of both areas and creating a suicide safer community for all.
Training will be delivered online via Teams and we invite those working in (but not limited to) health screening teams, education, youth offending teams, youth workers, social care workers and those working with vulnerable adults and any other organisations where substance misuse and mental health issues may be present.
The partnership is funded by the Humber and North Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership Suicide Prevention Programme.
We currently have the following dates and locations available. To book your FREE place, please complete the registration form below and a member of our team will be in touch.
- Wednesday 29th June 2022 (9.30am – 1pm)
- Thursday 21st July 2022 (1pm – 4.30pm)
- Friday 9th September 2022 (9.30am – 1pm)
- Monday 26th September 2022 (9.30am – 1pm)
- Wednesday 19th October 2022 (1pm – 4.30pm)
- Monday 31st October 2022 (9.30am – 1pm)
- Thursday 24th November 2022 (1pm – 4.30pm)
- Wednesday 7th December 2022 (9.30am – 1pm)
- Friday 20th January 2023 (9.30am – 1pm)
- Monday 30th January 2023 (1pm – 4.30pm)
- Thursday 23rd February 2023 (9.30am – 1pm)
- Wednesday 15th March 2023 (1pm – 4.30pm)