Hull and East Yorkshire Mind is happy to be working alongside Generis to offer up to 180 FREE places on a tailored Substance Misuse and Suicide Prevention Training course.
There is strong evidence that shows that substance misuse and poor mental health can lead to an increased risk of suicide, yet our research has shown that there is no training available for professionals working in this field that helps to raise awareness of this.
Our FREE training session will give professionals the skills and knowledge to identify thoughts of suicide at the earliest opportunity, how to have a conversation about it and know how to support someone in distress. It will also support professionals to discuss drug and alcohol use amongst those who they support to ensure these risk factors are further supported. Our bespoke training will also explore the relationship between substance misuse and suicide, raising awareness of both areas and creating a suicide safer community for all.
Training will be delivered online via Teams and we invite those working in (but not limited to) health screening teams, education, youth offending teams, youth workers, social care workers and those working with vulnerable adults and any other organisations where substance misuse and mental health issues may be present.
The partnership is funded by the Humber and North Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership Suicide Prevention Programme.
Generis is a unique service, which was launched by The Alcohol and Drug Service (ADS) in 2019.
It aims to help employers, schools, colleges, local NHS Trusts and local authorities reduce the impact of substance misuse on their organisations, whilst at the same time supporting the workforce.
The team at Generis has designed unique drug and alcohol awareness training which can be tailored to meet the needs of different types of organisations; from corporate companies who want to support their people, safety critical industries and those working in health and social care.
We currently have the following dates available. To book your FREE place, please complete the registration form below and a member of our team will be in touch.
- Wednesday 29th June 2022 (9.30am – 1pm) – FULLY BOOKED
- Thursday 21st July 2022 (1pm – 4.30pm) – FULLY BOOKED
- Friday 9th September 2022 (9.30am – 1pm) – FULLY BOOKED
- Monday 26th September 2022 (9.30am – 1pm) – FULLY BOOKED
- Wednesday 19th October 2022 (1pm – 4.30pm) – FULLY BOOKED
- Monday 31st October 2022 (9.30am – 1pm) – FULLY BOOKED
- Thursday 24th November 2022 (1pm – 4.30pm) – FULLY BOOKED
- Wednesday 7th December 2022 (9.30am – 1pm) – FULLY BOOKED
- Friday 20th January 2023 (9.30am – 1pm)
- Monday 30th January 2023 (1pm – 4.30pm)
- Thursday 23rd February 2023 (9.30am – 1pm)
- Wednesday 15th March 2023 (1pm – 4.30pm)