Local mental health charity Hull and East Yorkshire Mind and Hull City Council are holding a range of half day training courses to let local Hull businesses learn more about supporting mental health in the workplace.
The courses which all have different topics, will allow local businesses to learn more about mental health at work, things to look out for amongst staff, as well as tips for improving mental health. In addition, the sessions will give you the opportunity to meet other people who are interested in improving mental health at work.
Hull and East Yorkshire Mind will also tell you more about how you can use the time to change pledge to promote workplace wellbeing, and they can support you to sign up to the pledge.
Lorraine Hamilton, Mental Health Trainer at Hull and East Yorkshire Mind said “We often hear that local businesses want to support mental health at work, but don’t know where to begin. These half day training courses are a great way for businesses to learn more about mental health, and improve the wellbeing of their staff.”
Councillor Gwen Lunn, portfolio holder for Public Health at Hull City Council, said: “Many people experience mental health problems at work and helping to support employees to manage these should be a top priority for every employer. When good mental health support is in place at work, everyone benefits. These training courses will empower employers to work collectively with specialists to put help in place and improve the mental wellbeing of their workforce”.
The sessions and topics are:
- Wednesday 26th June – 9:00am-12:30pm at KCOM Lightstream – Mental Health Training for Line Managers
- Thursday 4th July – 9:00am-12:30pm at KCOM Lightstream – General Staff Wellbeing
- Friday 19th July 2019 – 9:00am-12:30pm at KCOM Lightstream – Dealing with crisis, self-harm and suicide in the workplace
- Friday 26th July 2019 – 9:00am-12:30pm at The Village Hotel – Mental Health Training for Line Managers in SME’s
- Thursday 1st August 2019 – 9:00am-12:30pm at The Village Hotel – Mental Health Awareness Training for the workplace
Sessions are free. To book your place, please visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/hull-and-east-yorkshire-mind-9893247332 Places will be allocated on a 1st come, 1st served basis with a maximum of 4 places per employer. This training is restricted to Hull employers.
If you’re interested in signing the pledge, or just learning a little more about the project please visit www.heymind.org.uk/timetochange or call Natalie, Hull and East Yorkshire Mind’s Time to Change Project Officer on 01482 240200.