This week is Mental Health Awareness Week. This year, we are focusing on building confidence and supporting each other – with campaigns and events throughout the week highlighting the importance of appreciating others and yourself.
I wanted to take this opportunity to email you about the campaigns we have planned throughout the week and suggest different ways in which you can get involved to promote good mental health.
The campaigns and activities we have planned include:
- ‘Tea & Talk’ events- where people will be drinking tea and eating cake, as well as talking about mental health in order to raise money and awareness for us. Local businesses, schools and individuals are getting involved.
- Confidence Building Campaign – where we have packs available to help you get involved and spread positivity during Mental Health Awareness Week. There are two packs you can request, one for individuals and one for local businesses. Request yours
Fundraising and Awareness Stands – where people who either have a mental health query, or want to know more about our services, can speak to a member of our team.
Locations for the stands are as follows:
- Monday 13th May, Awareness Stand at East Riding Leisure, Beverley (9:30am-4pm)
- Tuesday 14th May, Fundraising and Awareness Stand at Asda Mount Pleasant (10am-4pm)
- Tuesday 14th May, Awareness Stand at East Riding Leisure, Goole (9am-1pm)
- Wednesday 15th May, Awareness Stand at East Riding Leisure, Bridlington (12.30-4:30pm)
- Wednesday 15th May, Fundraising and Awareness Stand at Tesco St Stephens (10am-4pm)
- Thursday 16th May, Awareness Stand at East Riding Leisure, Withernsea (9:30am-1pm)
We hope you will be able to get involved this Mental Health Awareness Week. It really does make all the difference to our community by being open and talking about our mental health.