Our whole school approach to mental health is designed by young people, parents, the wider school workforce and local Minds. It gives the entire school community the things they say they desperately need and want us to provide. It involves a self-assessment tool for schools and tailored assemblies, workshops, 1-2-1s, information and training for everyone who’s part of school life.
Our approach aims to help young people, parents and the school workforce to cope more easily with the challenges of everyday life, help them to manage stress, and to build supportive relationships with their peers.
Each school following our approach will:
- promote good mental health and wellbeing to everyone as a right
- support everyone with a mental health problem
- find causes of poor mental health and find ways to keep everyone well
- respect diversity and promote equality
- and build external partnerships to support children and young people to achieve their very best.
More information on the Whole School Approach can be found here
If you are a school and are wanting to get involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 014822 240200